Friday, August 8, 2008

The longest day all summer....

Jeff's first day back was today.
I have barely had a few minutes to myself.
But because I am ...well me... I am going to now bore you with the mundane history of my ...
very long summer day...

Jeff leaves for work way before the butt crack of dawn. Still sleeping, I swoosh his kisses away minutes before he leaves. (he told me later)
Boys and Emma wake around 8:05am...... way too early for me.
Get all the boys up and beg for The 2 oldest to keep an eye on Emma, so i can "rest my eyes" a few minutes more.
All is well, as I get a hot shower and nice breakfast and get the house up and going for cleaning.
A few kids show up for me to watch.
Dominic and Lily.... oh my heck, these are some of the cutest kids I know.... and then before I know it is lunch time.
Double box of Mac and cheese and some apple juice.
I had 7 kids here!!!!!
I get Lily down for a nap and my awesome friend Reagan stops by to get my glue gun. She is attempting a diaper cake for a baby shower she is helping with. I wonder how it turned out.

Emma finally goes down at 2-ish and then it is boys in and out, making a mess everywhere they go until 4 when Emily, (the momma) comes and gets the adorable kids.

You would think with all the kids here today I would be insane.
but the insanity didn't start until everyone was gone.
Did I mention our cute neighbor Justin came over to "watch" the boys play Game Cube?

I was leaving the boys with Emma and ran with a friend where she was having a "Garage Sale" on scrapbook supplies. I bought $20 worth of card stock!!!!!!
I was gone for maybe 17 minutes.

I told Justin he had to go home when I left, but after I left, totally forgetting he was still there, he told the boys a whopper and said there was no one home, so he couldn't go home.
Tee hee..... little boys are funny. The boys sent him home anyway.

I made dinner ( pot stickers and fried rice) and about lost my mind just trying to get the boys to clean up so we could watch the opening ceremonies for the 2008 Olympics.
It didn't happend.

I didn't have silence until around 9:30 and then Jeff made it home after 10. He worked a double on his first day back. Poor baby.

Now I am here checking my blog and emails before I join Jeff in bed.
He is cranky.
I think I will blog for a while.

Thankfully, I have nothing to do tomorrow.
Yay!
Well, I do have to find places for all my new scrapbook supplies.
Did I mention I already had a running tab?
Tee hee..... I couldn't resist!

No comments: