Saturday, August 23, 2008

I am addicted....

I am almost 35 years old and I have never read the Book of Mormon all the way through.
I have barely read it at all.
I know, I know, I am terrible. shame on me... I am a bad Mormon.
It doesn't change my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel.
I know it is true.
It just wasn't a thing we did as a family growing up.
So it was never a thing I ever did....ever.
My parents got the Book of Mormon on CD to listen to in the car.
Brilliant idea.
I thought it would be good for our family to listen to it too. In the car, getting ready for school, or church, and even while cleaning up around the house.
I was hoping that we could read along as a family with the kids.
Well, they boys are too loud to hear it when it is on. And when I yell at them to be quiet, it sorta kills the mood and spirit.
So just to get into the habit, and to read the whole thing all the way through, before my birthday in October, I have been reading along, all alone at night.
The whole house is quiet and it is just me and the scriptures.
I have had a reading disability since forever. I could read and read and not really comprehend what I was reading.
I am thinking that is why my last thousand attempts and reading the Book of Mormon have failed.
But as I read along, I feel it, and I want more.
I don't ever want to stop. I am addicted.
So far in the last week, I have made it farther than I have ever read before. I am on 2 Nephi :4.
If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.
If you have read it..... isn't it amazing.
If you would like to read it.
Leave me an address in the comments and I will mail you a copy for free.
Or go just here and check it out.

3 comments:

tylersgirl said...

I read along also!!!!! It is relaxing and I can totally stay focused! I am determined to read it all the way through too. You and I think the same and we are almost to the same spot.
Love you sis.

Farley Smiles said...

I couldn't think of a better thing to be addicted to!! I need to catch on, I haven't been so great in the scripture department lately!

Danielle said...

good for you girl i know i should be reading it but i have not been in the habit for a long time - i have read it through twice in my life