Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Well, fine.

A new friend, ( i hope it's okay that I call her that) chastised me on my point of view and maybe they were right. I was a little harsh on myself.
I have had low self esteem since the 2nd grade and I had to get glasses. ( no I don't wear them now...long story)
I am in a personal struggle at the moment and I will try to remember not to voice them so "loudly" my blog. I guess I over shared again.... dang it... sorry Mom.
I have been having issues with the boys lately.
They are good kids. Just making bad choices.
Nothing major. Just sneaking food and telling lies to get out of trouble.
Any advice is welcome. But be nice please. Low self esteem and all....
Parenting is so hard. They try to tell us and we have kids anyway!

Oh and Mary, if I was still in your ward and you don't mind my "club status" I would totally be your friend and bug you all the time to hang out.

3 comments:

Mary Child said...

Wow, I am very flattered by the friend status... too bad you don't live in the ward still!!!

I have NO advice on parenting... I can't figure it out on any level. My oldest is okay, but the girls? Heaven help me. Good luck is all I can say!

Danielle said...

all i can say is they are boys - i don't know what to tell ya - i have issues with my own that i can not solve LOL i think we all do

Swanky Mommy said...

I am no expert--at anything, mind you--but in one of your posts you talked about reading the Book of Mormon this year. That's my advice. When you read about Lehi, he did everything he could to be a good parent, but his kids (especially Laman and Lemuel) kept getting in trouble etc. Joseph Smith said to teach correct principles and let other govern themselves. And, if we think clearly about the past, (which I generally choose not to do :), we can all remember times when we were a bit naughty. The only recipe I can think of for parenting is faith, the spirit, and a heck of a lot of love--but in the end, they do have agency and will govern themselves. Remind me of this when my kid is older!!!