Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of school 2008

I was so nervous last night, I had a hard time falling asleep.
And you would think watching Lord of the Rings 3 with Jeff would bore me to sleep. Nope.
I joke, I do like that movie. I mean, have you seen Orlando Bloom or Viggo Mortensen .... HELLO HOTTIES!
(Sorry, blog post detour)


Back to school.
I was really worried about Matthew going into the 7th grade. This morning he was having a hard time. He didn't want to go. He was a little nervous. And he was worried about his hair.

And I was also worried about Sammy.
He never did pre-school. And he was kinda...okay alot... spoiled. and I was worried about him listening to the teacher. And he will be away from me all day.
Kindergarten here, is all day. 6 hours away from me.
He was doing fine this morning intil he realized I wasn't gonna stay, "Mom, are you gonna stay with me?"
I told him no. He didn't say anything but..."Oh." But with the biggest sad face ever. How do I leave that?
But thankfully I had to get the other boys to school...to the other school. What a pain.
I had to leave him.
Caleb and Nathan were not super excited to go back to school, but glad to do something else.

Here are a few pictures:





I hope the day went good for all of them. I know I joke about how happy I am that they are at school, but I missed them today. I keep looking at the clock to see if it is time to go and get them. I can't wait for them to get home.






2 comments:

Farley Smiles said...

It is such a mix of feelings, isn't it? I'm always ready for my kids to start school and yet I don't want them to and I can't believe you have a 7th grader!!!

Danielle said...

how are you liking the 2 different school thing kinda wierd huh