Sunday, August 24, 2008

The most wonderful time of the year!

Tonight is the night before school starts.
I am soooooooo excited.

We have a few traditions before schools starts, going back to when I was a kid.
You always got a new outfit.
The boys will be handsomely strutting around in their new clothes tomorrow. Right down to their new shoes.
We were suppose to give them all hair cuts, but the hair clippers broke and only worked on Matthew. Poor guy, he only wanted a little off the top and sides. He got a lot off the top and a lot off the sides.
We were suppose to do "father's blessings" but after the clippers stopped working , someone was in a bad mood and decided to do it tomorrow. Cool, we can call it Family Home Evening.
We did do the "night before school doughnuts."


We are suppose to get fresh ones from the bakery, but it is Sunday, so I planned ahead and got some yummy packaged one from the store.



I know the back to school nostalgia will be gone with in a week and they will be begging me to stay home, but they are really excited.
I worry about Matthew going to junior high. Eeek! He can be so scatter-brained sometimes.
I worry about the boys, especially Sammy coming home on the bus. He will be with Caleb and I will be there waiting for them, but I am still nervous.
Sammy will start kindergarten and...um.... I am not ready.

I think Emma senses a change. She is very cranky. Or maybe she knows that her one year check up is tomorrow!

The best day of the year is an early one, so off to bed I go....
I am almost too excited to sleep!

No comments: