Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Confessions of an "less attractive" Blogger

I have been blog lurking.
Yes, I am guilty.
I love to look for old friends, to see how they are doing.
I love seeing other peoples lives.
Not in a weird way. I just like seeing how other people live.
I like to see if I am alone in my thinking or if somewhere, out there in the universe someone has a life like me.
Which I have found out...... there is no one out there like me!!!
Nope!
How can that be you ask....?
I do not look like those women blogging out there.
..... well cause I am a member of "The Fat Girls Club" and I am less attractive .
I have looked in the mirror.
I know the truth...ugh. (that is another blog post)

But, my question for the universe is this..... is that really how other people look?
I mean, are they all that beautiful?
I click on a blog.....beautiful wife and husband...
Don't get me wrong, I think Jeff is very attractive. I could go on and on and completely gross you out about how attractive I think Jeff is, but that would be "over sharing".
My kids are beautiful. That is fact. (Probably better looking than most of the kids on blogs out there. no offense)lol
Anyway,
So, I look at another blog....same thing....Aren't there any more "less attractive" people like me in the world??!!! (in truth, probably, but they are just like me and refuse to post a picture, yeah, there could be, maybe 10 or so)
I click on some more blogs.....nothing is changing....Blog after blog after ...flamin' beautiful blog..... I am starting to feel sorry for Jeff. He is stuck with me.
He loves me. That is a fact. No matter what......Poor guy.
But, I am who I am.
I am a mom to a very pretty (are you sure she's mine?) baby girl and some very strange and very normal , but ridiculously crazy wonderful boys. My life is glamorously filled with burps and farts... and smells you never want your worst enemy to have to endure. They love me regardless of my "club" status and my less lovely blog.

I will probably never be as thin and gorgeous as the rest of the "blog world"....
but, Oh well.
man oh man ....I swear.... if I see one more beautiful freeeakin' blog.......

5 comments:

Jennw6kids said...

Oh Katie we love you and your beautiful blog, we love you just the way you are, YOU and your children

Mary Child said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you are telling yourself that!

Katie, we actually have A LOT in common! We both indulge in LOTS of negative self-talk, just in different contexts. And I'm pretty sure it's not good for the soul!

You gotta stop that! My mom was overweight my entire childhood until the day she died, and it didn't make her any less anything. In fact, I think she was flawless. No-one cares what the scale says except you. And if you are looking in the mirror and telling yourself that you're ugly, YOU NEED THERAPY!

And your blog is just as cute as everyone else's! You are way too hard on yourself. You stop that! My goodness, you have 4 boys and a baby girl. Do you think anyone expects you to have the time or the money to be salon beautiful all the time???

I take lots of pictures with my kids because I don't have many of me as a kid with my own mom, and it's something I'd give anything to have now. I look like crap in half of my family pic's now 'cause I'm chronically sleep deprived and and I hate my hair, but I don't think anyone notices or cares about that stuff except me. You gotta get over that and post pictures of your happy self with your adorable kids!

I think we moms need to embrace our strengths and even our flaws. Our families love us for the superwomen we are, and that's all that will matter in the end!

Anonymous said...

I personally think that your blog is a lot more interesting to read then those "pretty peoples". There you have it, your first annonymous comment. Keep it up and I love to hear what you are bloggin about:)

Danielle said...

oh wow i guess i have not been reading the blogs in a week or so i have alot to catch up on ...

girl stop you have an interesting life and i think we have alot in common -- your blog is a least stinking real y9ou say the truth and don't sit there and make it all happy molly mormon and i know you know what the heck i am talking about -

having a house full of boys is hard right now they are alot of work but oneday you will look back and say wow i totally rocked how many people could take care of that many stinky boys and live to tell about it - i honestly do not think i could i don't know if i will live to tell about dallen or if he will live i should say -

yes being overweight is hard i hate it but do you honestly see me out there trying my hardest to make that different no -

and i know you love jeff and but please don't tell intimate details on your blog cause i picture things and i do not want to picture things about you and him if ya know what i mean LOL i feel the same way about eddie but honey i aint sharing no stories with ya LOL

keep bloggin girl i think it also helps to talk about things and get them out in the open - but if you want to talk to a therapist ever i know a great husband and wife team in town - and we get 6 or 7 paid for visits through work - i would go to the wife that is who i went to - then we got too deep and i ended up not going back cause i was not ready to deal with it yet LOL but they are very good

Katie said...

This blog is enough therapy for me.
After I talk about stuff, I feel better.
I am on the road to better things.... I hope.