Sunday, December 28, 2008

After Christmas Blues

Anyone else got it?
I got it bad.
I think it is because this year was so weird.
No family, just us this year.
So weird.
And partly because...I get it now.
My mom used to get so grumpy right before Christmas.
And now I know why....
I worked my tail off to get ready for it.
I cooked, and baked, and cleaned, and shopped, and wrapped, and planned, and cleaned and shopped some more... and all for what......30 minutes (we stretched it out this year) for pure happiness.
Well, now I know why my mom still worked that hard every year.....
It was totally worth it.
I have the best Christmas memories.
All thanks to my Mom, and now my kids will have the same.

I still wish it could have lasted longer.
There was so much on my to do list... now there is nothing but the normal everyday stuff.
And the taking down of Christmas.
Which I never like to do until January 1st.
And I don't wanna!
I don't want to change my blog, I don't want to put away the Christmas music, or put away the Christmas movies, or put away my Christmas decorations.
Why can't Christmas be a little longer?
I know.
Because life goes on.

I am enjoying my Christmas presents.
Jeff is not too happy. Because he only bought one of my presents.
I bought the rest.
I know, I know... but he just isn't very good at it. He almost never gets what I want. And then he gets what he wants to get me and then it is just stuff I have to take back.
He is a good sport...most of the time.
On my Christmas list this year all I wanted was ....
1. New boots (I don't need the really expensive kind. Just so they work and keep my feet warm and dry when I have to walk around in the snow)
2. New Slippers (I have hard would floors)
3. A new nightgown - (thanks Mom)
4. Socks - (yes I like socks)
5. Perfume - nothin' expensive- Shania Twain at WalMart - (Jeff was there when I picked it out)
6. Movie - Momma Mia (thank you Jeff)
7. 1 lbs box of See's Candy - my choice (thanks Mom)
8. A Cricut font - (not that I have much time to play with it)

I do have to give Jeff kudos... he did try to buy me something else as a surprise..but the ding dong (no offense honey) waited until Christmas Eve and they were all out.
But, I got all I wanted for Christmas and Jeff was just happy I was happy.
What did you get for Christmas?
Which is your favorite?

6 comments:

Lively's said...

I got 4 new pairs of shoes! Thats right...4~ and had you been at church today you would have been able to see pair number one! Sorry you weren't feeling well! I missed you!

Anonymous said...

I told him to come to me for some Mary Kay off your wish list. I told him he could spend as little or as much as he wanted. So I tried for you. Better luck next year.

Katie said...

I totally forgot about my Mary Kay wish list!

Anonymous said...

I thought of you when I opened not 1 but 2 large boxes of See's p'nut brittle! Elyse brought them from California! Yeah! I have to say my fave gift was the Coach purse & ruby earrings Brian gave me! AJ gave me the CD of Chris Daughtry... love him! The entire CD is great! ELyse also gave me some other things... another painting of a magnolia flower! She is so gifted! I have magnolias in my living room & dining room... how southern can you get?!
Did the boys like the game cube games you saved for them? Want some more?! Just let me know!

Katie said...

Oh Ruth,they haven't stopped playing with them. I saved all, but the Power Ranger games for Christmas. The favorite is Carmen San Diego.
I would love more...er..I mean they would love more.

Mary Child said...

Katie, I feel like I could have written the entire first half of your post. AMEN!!!

I too get sad EVERY January, because there are no more decorations, the house looks sad and lonely when everything's put away, and it's cold and gloomy outside... not to mention the Christmas bills that hit the mailbox in mid-January.

Yep, I suffer from After Christmas Blues too...