Saturday, December 6, 2008

I love Christmas.

Okay, I know i went on and on about how much I love Halloween.
I can love them both, you know, just the same.
So, I was thinking what I love most about it and there isn't just one thing.
I love the Christmas music. It just makes me happy. I can never listen to it and be in a bad mood. I am having a hard day with the boys. (have I mentioned how much I hate Saturdays), and I am already cheering up from listening to my blog. The boys attitudes change for the better too. Just not right at this moment. I will give it time.
I love the parties. Dressing up and seeing everyone so jolly. (Even if the only party I am invited to is our Church party).
I really love the gift giving. I love to get things for my family and friends.
I really really love gift receiving. Okay, I am the only one to admit it. I love Christmas presents. I don't always go and buy my self things. So I wait for Christmas to get them. It is just funner that way. (yes funner is a real word...well in my house it is)
I love the decorations and traditions. I have a lot of decorations. Sometimes I don't put them all up. I love the time we take to go and pick out a tree and cut it down. I love the time we spend with each other. The hot chocolate when we get back.
I love the spirit of kindness. I can see and feel the difference. People are kinder and friendlier.
There are a millions more things about Christmas that I LOVE. But I am getting ready to go to cut down my tree. Lots to do to prepare. I still have to prepare the hot chocolate and get it int he crock pot so it is already warm when we get back.

What is you favorite part of this wonderful Holiday?

3 comments:

Danielle said...

yummy food

Lively's said...

How do you make your hot chocolate? Any special recipe?

Katie said...

I will post my Hot Chocolate recipe tomorrow for Tasty Tuesday!
Old, old, old family recipe.
Super easy!