Thursday, December 18, 2008

More SNOW ramblings.

We have more snow.
Just a sprinkling.
So here goes my rambling.....
This town is small... but not too small.
I love this town for many reasons...here are a few:
I love that people go and get doughnuts and coffee at 6am and leave their car running in the parking lot.
I love that anytime you are at Wal-Mart, you will see someone you know.
I love that at anytime you wanna know about the weather, all you have to do is ask the cashiers at any store in town. Even though they have spent most of the day inside the store.
It is really funny to me, because they get all their info from the other costumers who heard it at another store.
Rumor after rumor.
Like today, we saw and heard lots of people at Wal-Mart preparing for this next storm that was fast approaching.
This was at 12:30 this afternoon.
I am still waiting... all prepared for the storm....
Not that I want the storm here.
I got my snow.
It can stick around for a while. I don't need it to snow everyday.
We are now being forced into buying snow tires.
I am worried about driving all over this town.... not that I have very many places to go.

I have no shame admitting this. We have to borrow the money from my parents to buy the snow tires. (to be paid fully back on the first) We did not plan on snow tires yet. Never until January is the snow like this. Snow tires..for Christmas....Merry Christmas to me.
Another rumor..... a bad one..... they are thinking it will snow enough for a snow day tomorrow.
Um... yeah.... no!
Please no! I need my one last half day. I earned it.
I planned and made 7 teacher gifts. They have to be given out. I wasted wrapping presents time on those suckers. I could have made a much better dinner tonight, and I could have worked on my cookie dough. Or even my sewing.
See.... there better NOT be a snow day.
I just checked out the window.... it is still snowing.....
Crap....I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

tylersgirl said...

the idea is to also guess what the word wold really say.
this one not so much.
duenhey

i love your blog and miss you tons.

Katie said...

I think it is pig latin.
I miss you more.
I love your blog too!