Monday, December 15, 2008

Miracle Monday

I had to change it.
After this evening and the events that happened, a had to change it.

I have been praying for weeks, asking the Lord, to let me know who needs help this Christmas.
A true Christmas Miracle happened.
I talked to a lady a few days ago, and she mentioned that she hasn't gotten anything for her kids for Christmas, yet. She was waiting.
In this time and day, businesses are suffering. They have their own business.
Now, I am not sure if they have any money set aside or not for Christmas, I didn't want to pry. But I thought, one gift for each one of her kids is better than nothing.
I had a few things I was gonna take back, and a few things I was gonna save for a birthday present later this year.
NO problem. We don't need more stuff. I spent too much already.
It still wasn't enough for all the kids.
I asked my visiting teaching companion what we could do.
We decided to sent out an email to ask other ladies in our ward if they wanted/could help.
I called her back later and as I told her I sent the email, one of the ladies I emailed, called me.
Her mother sends her $100 every Christmas, and she can only spend it on someone else who needs it. She wants to help.
I know!!!!!!!
We are going shopping on Wednesday.
I am so excited.
The Christmas spirit of generosity and compassion is still out there.
It thrives every year. This year I got lucky enough to feel it and be a part of it.
It feels amazing..... you should try it!

3 comments:

tylersgirl said...

very cool. i wish every month was christmas.

Katie said...

mee too!!! It would be expensive, but cool!

Troop 1309 said...

That is great Katie!