Monday, December 8, 2008

Where's the SNOW!!??!

About 3 years ago. Tomorrow.
Jeff and I, with the help of my Dad and his Mom, loaded the rest of the stuff into our moving truck and moved us all the way up here. (Well, just our stuff. We were staying with my parents until Jeff graduated and after Christmas.)
Susanville, CA.
It is 4 hours from home. Sacramento is home.
It was cold and there was snow on the ground. Not much, but there was snow.

SO my question here today is:
WHERE'S ALL THE FREAKIN' SNOW?

I feared snow when I first moved here. It was so cold and ....well cold.
I was terrified to drive in it and luckily, I hardly did that year. The boys could ride the bus.
I had a good friend down the street, help me adjust to the snow. She was soooo nice, she even drove me around to get a few things. I was so scared to drive.

I remember the first time it snowed.
It was New Years Eve 2005. Jeff was up and getting ready for work....7am and he SHOUTED(goober) "It's SNOWING!"
You would think he was 8 years old. He was more excited than our boys.
(I need to find a picture. It was before my digital camera joined our family, so I probably scrap booked it already, I will find it and post it.)

We had so much fun that day. We played and played. I even video taped it. Took a million pictures. Drank gallons of Hot coco, and went through every pair of gloves we had. And it never got old.

But sadly, as I sit here at my computer, I can see outside my front window.
And there is NO SNOW!
It is as cold as if it had snowed.... okay, maybe not that cold, but REALLY freakin' cold.

It is just weird. It usually snows by now. Not a lot, but some.
Not even enough for a little snowman. But it is still there.
It would be nice to actually have a white Christmas.
My in-laws are coming for Christmas. It needs to be here.
I need SNOW!!! My sister said she would come to visit, but there isn't any snow!
I am begging......(think 5 year old nagging voice).
Pleeeasssseee!!!!!
I am not asking a lot...am I?
I WANT SNOW, DAMN IT!!!!!! Oops, pardon my french.
Come on already.
Pretty please with whipped cream and a cherry on top.
Just just want snow for Christmas.

4 comments:

Kasi said...

no kidding, if it's going to be cold, it better snow. And none of these little flurries, okay? I'm talking enough snow for sledding and snowmen and snow angels.

The Petty Family said...

I'm still in the "not loving snow" phase of our first winter in Colorado so I don't see why you want it so bad, but I DO hope you get a white christmas. It will be my first white christmas ever....if we get snow. I don't want it to snow ON Christmas Day though, because my parents are flying in. The day before would be perfect!

Troop 1309 said...

Watch what you wish for, lol. I have been wondering when it is going to snow. It has been so warm here, it is weird but nice at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Okay Katie, I checked www.weatherchannel.com 10 day forcast and it calls for snow next week. Patience my dear. I'm still wondering how I'm going to handle my first winter here.