Saturday, December 13, 2008

SNOW!!!!!!

(I know...another post from me...did I mention I talk too much too!)
Some friends of mine came over last night and we were talking about how we wanted it to snow...well some of us anyway... and all it did was blow wind and get cold.
I got woken up this morning with Nathan shouting.... "hey look guys it snowed!!!!"
I got all excited and ran to look out the window.....
Okay, we maybe got 2 inches. which in this town only means that it will melt by lunch.
It is not even enough to make a little snowman..... or snowball.
I have just gotten word that we will be getting more...a lot more.
I am excited, but nervous. Why don't the storms come when Jeff is off work.
I hate having to be the one in charge when the power goes out.
And yes, I am more comfortable driving in the snow than I was before, but I have to go up and down a hill to get to church tomorrow. And my snow tires are not on. We didn't plan to need the tires until January.
Now I am freakin' out.
Here are a few pictures of this morning's snow.

4 comments:

Kaci said...

My kids dream of snow. Every winter I get the question, "Mom, will it ever snow here? Why not?"

As much work as it is being the mom, I remember it being so much fun as a kid when it snowed in Texas!

Troop 1309 said...

It sure did melt off by noon!

Danielle said...

you guys got way more than we did you could hardly even see any snow when i got up at 6 it was just a little here and there in the cracks that was it --- but that i am thankful for i am not ready for snow

Stella said...

Oh Katie......we got unexpected snow too! Ours was about 6 inches worth that came Thursday night/Friday. Our town looks like a Christmas card! It has been a LONG time since we've had a good snowfall like this one.