Friday, January 2, 2009

1st Day of 2009

It started out good.
Party at the Hill's house.
And Emma burnt her hand on the Hill's wood burning stove. She is is fine today.
We got some of the boys in bed around 10:30.
Matthew to sit with Emma, until she fell asleep, and he got to play XBOX.
And back over to the party.
Toasting in the new year with some new friends and the best part... Jeff.
I realize I haven't spent New Year's Eve with Jeff, since 2007.
We were too busy tooting our horns (literally) to kiss in the new year. But it was still nice.
We got home and shut down the house. (most of the lights were on, what's up with that) Got Matthew to bed, and crawled into bed. I just wanted to read.
No luck there.
I REALLY got to spend a lot of time in the early part of 2009.
Emma woke up just as I was drifting off.
Sammy got in bed shortly after I got Emma in her's. Jeff snoring and Emma up again... I finally got to sleep around 3:30 almost 4:00am.
Yay.
The boys didn't let me sleep in. But I did lay around in bed until 10:30.
We were gonna take the boys to the movies, but they never cleaned their room.
I spent the rest of the first day of 2009 putting away Christmas and rearranging the whole house. Okay, not the whole thing.
But....
WARNING: I will bore you with my story now.
The monster TV.
For fun we set it up on a LITTLE table we had out in the garage, when my parents were here. So we could watch Momma Mia...SO fun!
We are never goin' back to anything less than 37 inches.
Wow, it was fun. Finding Nemo is so much cuter.... I know that sounds weird, but it is true.
So that means, we had to take the TV cabinet out and give it to my friend Monica. (we gave them the matching end table too)
Then we had to have something to put the cable box and game crap on.
So... I had to empty a book shelf.
Which meant, I had to clean out a closet and under my bed, to put all the stuff that was on the book shelf.
The whole time, making a mess here and there.
We finally got it all done, and no, I am not happy.
I miss my TV cabinet. Jeff says it is only temporary until we can find something that will hold or Monster TV.
But my house is now clean (except Emma's room) and I can finally blog on my family blog our Christmas pictures.
Now if it weren't so stinkin' late, I could read my book.
I will do it tomorrow.

Oh, guess who broke my broom.
Dumb boys!!!
I think that makes......15 brooms in 3 years.
(If you don't get it... go check the 2nd or third blog post...you will understand)

1 comment:

the jensens said...

We had so much fun, I'm so glad I hve you and jeff, we need more great, super fun, totally hilarious, always sweet and never clicky, people like us, and monica and jenea. lets do it again soon!