Sunday, January 4, 2009

Falling

Today the most embarrassing thing happened.
I was walking out to my car to help my friend Kim. I left the boys in the nursery and left as fast as I could walk.
I guess I didn't lift up my foot high enough and my foot hit the a block of sidewalk that was just half an inch taller than the rest.
Not able to recover and keep going, I fell.
Hard.
I am surprised I didn't cause an earthquake.
And all I was thinking.....sorry, I have to...pause....I am laughing in my head.
Just remembering it all....all I was thinking was "I am SO glad no one saw me fall."
After I picked up my purse, that was now scattered all over, I went straight over to my car....
and hit my head as I got in.
I got over to Kim's so she could get a jump. Her battery was dead, I went right back to church.
I could not get back into things. My head was spinning and my body started to ache.
I never really got back to normal....ha ha..."when was I ever normal"...ha ha...ha.
I have felt off for days. Today, not so moody, but not back to myself.
I am soo tired.
Maybe that is all it is. I am so tired.
I have fallen behind in my sleep hours.
I have fallen behind in my scripture reading.
And I have fallen behind in saying my prayers.
And I think, when you have fallen behind, you don't even see it until you have really fallen hard.
It takes something like pain to wake you up.
To make you see where you have fallen.
So I am going to pick myself up and keep going.
Go to bed earlier, scriptures and prayer.
Everyday.
Keep going and hopefully, I won't hit my head too.

2 comments:

Kaci said...

So glad you didn't get really hurt! Good luck on the moving on thing...I know you can do it!!

Troop 1309 said...

Whew, glad your not hurt! Last year I fell flat on my butt in my drive way when taking out the trash! What made it even better was my MIL and nephew standing right there. I can relate to getting behind in sleeping time. I am so off schedule! Good times!