Thursday, January 15, 2009

Seriously?

Seriously.
I have to post.
It is late for most but I enjoy this quiet time.

*****WARNING - this could be a long post. Seriously*****

The dinner was so fun.
Movie was really good. (Even a second time)
But during dinner, right before we ordered, Jeff calls me.
Matthew has Youth Temple trip this Saturday, he still needed his Bishop's interview, make sure he is worthy. No biggie.
'Cept, I had the van, made plans.
OH NO! Jeff might have to actually leave Nathan with the kids for 10 minutes. Shocker!!!(I am actually, out loud making the "oh" shocking face with noise).
Seriously.
No, keep reading it gets better.
Jeff calls to tell me, he locked the keys in his truck.... Again!!!!! At the Church.
(I swear...that man....you're killing me smalls!!!)
Which means Nathan is alone with the kids.
He is only 10 and a half. And most of the time much more mature than Matthew, but still.
He was home with Caleb, Sammy and Emma. Alone.
Seriously.
I was seconds from ordering my food. I had my awesome friend call her hubby, and Joe Hill went to help...or moral support...I dunno. I know I didn't want to be there.
He never calls me back. So I just finished my dinner...I called to check.
Still no keys.
I decide since we had time before the movies to go and get Matthew and take him home so he can watch the other kids.
I get to the church, Matthew is running around like an 9 year old.
Someone in my cars says, "oh good the Bishop from second ward is helping."
Nope, doesn't phase me a bit. And I don't realize until the words are already half way out.
"Matthew, get in the damn van."
Seriously.
Yes, I got a look. yep, I am going to Haities.
By the way, we do have a spare set....yes, Jeff lost them, and no we haven't made another set...yet.
No, we don't have AAA...yet. (it's on our "Get with Income Tax Return" list)
Jeff asked me to look for the spare set when I drop off Matthew.
Seriously?
I have people in my car.
I rush in, the house.....4 kids alone, all under the age of 10 and a half, alone for and hour.....
well, lets just say, may day looked really, really, really long tomorrow.
I quickly looked for the keys.
Seriously, I looked, but not really well.
I did it so I didn't have to lie and say I looked everywhere.
Okay, I know it sounds bad. But I did check all the places it could have been and wasn't, and I knew they would be because it wasn't there the last time we needed them.
Back in the van, and I got a message from Jeff, saying he was in the truck and on his way home.
Off to the movies.
Great time.
Took the girls home.
And seriously....?
He bolted the top lock.
Get in, walked straight to the back to give him the what for for locking the top lock. (it is cold here people)
He is relaxed and watching a movie with sleeping Emma.
My heart melted and since I didn't notice the house at first, all was forgiven.
I tell him about my night. and he tells me about his.
And seriously.
I walk out to the doom.
There is stuff everywhere.
My morning will be chaos. Nothing is prepped for the morning, for school and the house.....
SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!
Since I can't go to bed knowing my house is crap, I start picking up.
"I didn't have time." he said.
Here it comes again..... SERIOUSLY!!!! (yes, I slammed down on the exclamation key. Hard and slow.)
It took me 17 minutes to pick it up. It is too late and loud to load the dishwasher and I can't throw toys in the boys room, vacuuming is out, but it is done.
I am shaking my head.
I was so mad, I had to blog about it.
So now you know.
And I seriously don't care if you thought it was dumb to post it.
This was a day...er....evening, in the day of me.

Really weird and funny story here:
I was told something really funny tonight. As soon as I heard it I had to blog about it.
Did you know, you can sell your eggs? I mean, child making eggs!
A friend of mine was approached at the place we went to eat tonight (not tonight, but another night) and she said the waitress told her she was very pretty and she can sell her eggs and make like $20,000 an egg!!!!!!!!!
How do you....I mean...who walks up to a person and says that?
Seriously.

3 comments:

tylersgirl said...

YOU HAVE TO BE UNDER 30!!! AND the hormones you take before hand are horrible.
Sorry about the key thing.
my house ALWAYS -BUT ONCE
looks worse than when i left it. not just worse. but destroyed.

gigharborscrapper said...

Yes, I know someone who has sold them and someone who has bought some. It is however a very lengthy process and not so easy but you SERIOUSLY can get some good money haven't heard of $20,000 but you never know!!
And yes, they prefer you under 30.I am glad your night turned out fun you deserve it.
Valerie

Danielle said...

k i am so not selling my eggs

i hate when my house is a mess and i too exspect that when i go work in the classroom that some effort even if it is small should be made on DH's part to clean while i am gone - nope nothing unless he is pissed that the house is not clean - just wanted you to know you are not alone