Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Word Wednesday: Overwhelmed

My word for this Wednesday is: overwhelmed
o·ver·whelmed
(vr-hwlm, -wlm)
tr.v. o·ver·whelmed, o·ver·whelm·ing, o·ver·whelms
1. To surge over and submerge; engulf: waves overwhelming the rocky shoreline.
2. a. To defeat completely and decisively: Our team overwhelmed the visitors by 40 points.
b. To affect deeply in mind or emotion: Despair overwhelmed me.
3. To present with an excessive amount: They overwhelmed us with expensive gifts.
4. To turn over; upset: The small craft was overwhelmed by the enormous waves.

I am overwhelmed.
I have so much to do.
On top of my daily chores as a wife and mother, I feel like I literally have a 100 MILLION things to do.
I want to cry just thinking of it.
My goal is to make a list of all the things I need to do.
I will tell you a few that are just on the top of my head, and that I am not too embarrassed to share.

Clean off my scrapbook desk and table.
Clean Emma's room again.
Homework with the boys.
Wash the rest of the laundry in the laundry room.
Get the boys to bring me the laundry from there very disgusting room.
Go through my scrapbook stuff and get rid of as much as I can.
Move Emma back into the pink butterfly room and the boys back into the big room.
Look at a new house to rent. (I don't wanna, it is in 2nd ward)
Get the boys to clean their room. (ha ha ha... I know, I am laughing too)
Fight< i mean make a list with Jeff about the things that have to be done with this house before we can move out.
Wash the walls.
Cut the boys hair. (if they will let me)
Clean out the microwave.
Clean the boys bathroom after the boys are done clean it and clean it the right way.
Play with Emma.
Finish cleaning out the refrigerator
Clean my bathroom and shower.
This one is new.... wash more laundry.
Do our income tax.
Pay the bills
Budget for food.
Make a dinner menu for a month
Make dinner
Start exercising
Go to scouts.
Dye my hair.
Blog
Play with Emma
Read with the boys
Get Food for food storage.
Figure out how much food I will need.
Find money to get food for food storage.
Make sure we are prepared to move. (just in case)
Find money to buy 2 twin mattresses and 1 queen.
Do my church callings.
Find money for a new couch and chair. (our is broken, big surprise)
File 14 years of papers. (don't laugh, I never had money or remembered to buy filing cabinets)
Sell Jeff's truck.
Sell Grandpa Scoville's non-working truck.
Find money for a new truck for Jeff.
Pray every night we won't lose Jeff's new raise. (Stupid Govern-ator)
Repaint whole house. (if we stay)
Find money for carpet pieces for each room.
Get the Landlord to fix wood floors or put in carpet. (I am laughing too)
Find money for a new computer. (stupid piece of crap)
Find money for vacation days Jeff is already approved of and taking to do something fun with the kids.
Find money to get out of debt.

There is sooooo much more.
And I am starting to freak out.
But I have to go and do some of this list.
Before it gets worse.

4 comments:

Kasi said...

oh I feel it too. Today I wanted to hide in the bathroom all day. I want to stay in bed and pull the covers up over my head.

Danielle said...

ok girl you are making the list way too big start small with a few things and get them done - i would not switch the kids rooms till you know for sure if you are moving or staying

i too feel this way quite often - i too want to cry almost every day it is hard running the kids everywhere and cleaning house only to have it look like crap again in 2 hours and it is hard not to have enough money for the things we need/want I am there with ya

i am stuck on the food storage thing. I need to get working on it but i do not have extra money at the moment so i am starting to do the whole supon thing but i am not having luck yet at getting organized enough that it will pay off yet hopefully soon though
i did my taxes - we owe nice huh

the jensens said...

ok so you should have put down watching the jensen kids and pulling your hair out at the same time, I'm so gratfull that you watched the kids for me. I know how you feel , I feel like I'm becoming a single parent lately.

Troop 1309 said...

Hang in there girlie! We all have those overwhelmed days! Pick the 10 most important things on your list and try to complete those first. I make a list on Sundays of what I need to do for the week. I hang it up by the computer. Dave will look at it mid-week and laugh that half of the things on there are not marked off. I tell him they are suggestions as to what I 'should' do for the week. LOL