Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Word Wednesday: Secret

se·cret
n.
1. Something kept hidden from others or known only to oneself or to a few.
2. Something that remains beyond understanding or explanation; a mystery.
3. A method or formula on which success is based


Secrets can be good or bad.
Secrets also have a way of coming out.
Even if I know about it or not.
Okay, here comes the thing about me you didn't know... (unless you know me very well already)
I am not a good secret keeper.
There I said it out loud.
I am not as perfect as you all think I am. (sorry, I had to giggle out loud at that last part)
I am good at keeping secrets if you ask me not to tell anyone. Especially if it is good news.
If you tell me something and not express the seriousness of the fact, I might tell someone.
Someone like Jeff.
And he is way better at keeping secrets. He forgets almost everything.
But I can't help myself.
I am not heartless, though.
If I know a secret and it will hurt some one, it will never be repeated from my lips.
I would not be hurt if you didn't tell me something because you think I would blab it.
I totally understand.
I can keep secrets.
I have kept secrets from the boys.
You know the kind....Grandma is coming or we are having pizza for dinner.
I have kept secrets from Jeff. Things like....I really spent more on scrapbook stuff than I should have. (which I usually end up telling him...eventually).
I don't keep really big, really important secrets from Jeff. I just can't.
Well, I don't always tell him when the boys do something stupid.
It is just not worth the rise in his blood pressure.

Little secrets are harder to keep, like my mom's brownie recipe.
It wasn't really a secret, but it was that part of the definition at the top of this blog post where it says: A method or formula on which success is based
(her brownies are amazing)

So here's thing......
I have a secret and I want tell it.

But I can't.
It is something I can eventually share on here, but I can't right now.
All will be revealed as soon as it is official and set in stone.
Don't worry, I can't hold this kind of secret in for long.
Or I will explode.

8 comments:

Kaci said...

I GOTTA KNOW!!! I am not good at secrets either...nor do I enjoy being told that someone else has a secret and is unable to share. ;) Can't wait to hear your news....

Anonymous said...

Are you pregnant? Is that your secret?

Troop 1309 said...

LOL Talk about suspense!!!!

Danielle said...

are you prego?
are you moving?
what is it what is the secret - using the word secret makes it all the more intriguing

The Petty Family said...

I know you're REALLY enjoying this Katie.....but I'm with Kaci!!!
I don't enjoy being told someone has a secret that they can't share!!
Don't keep us waiting too long ;)

Anonymous said...

Are ya'll moving back closer to family? Did Jeff get his transfer request?

Katie said...

well, I am not going to tell you for a while.
It isn't for certain yet.
GOSH!
Still up in the air.... but it is a good one.

Katie said...

I'm to fat to be pregnant.